Who are the Top Dealmakers?October 10, 2012 No Comments
Who are the top dealmakers this year? Recently Forbes released the top 50 dealmakers (top 25 listed below), which displays the executives who have had tremendous success over the last year. Forbes constructs the list of top dealmaker by measuring PE firms and executives the way investors should – By how much cash they’re generating for their limited partners. Executives from Carlyle, KKR, Blackstone, and Riverstone were among the top 25 dealmakers.
Carlyle: William Conway Jr., founder of The Carlyle Group, was named the number one dealmaker – Forbes wrote, Conway “has quietly become the best investor in private equity, overseeing the deployment of tens of billions of dollars around the world.” The Carlyle Group is a global alternative asset manager with more than $156 billion in assets under management across 99 funds and 63 fund of funds vehicles. Carlyle founded in 1987 in Washington DC and has grown into the worlds largest most successful investment firms. Carlyle has offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, Japan, Asia and Australia.
KKR: Executives from KKR have found themselves at the very top of Forbes 50 list – Henry Kravis No. 2, George Roberts No. 3, and Marc Lipschultz No. 5. – KKR was founded in 1976 with locations in New York City, Washington DC, Huston, and Menlo Park. KKR is known for having the most powerful network and relationships with people and companies all over the world.
Riverstone: Founders Pierre Lapeyre and David Leuschen of Riverstone were among the top 25 executives on Forbes list. Riverstone was founded in 2000 with approximately $22 billion of equity capital raised across seven investment funds, including the worlds largest renewable energy fund.
1. William Conway Jr. – Carlyle – Washington DC
2. Henry Kravis – KKR – New York
3. George Roberts – KKR – New York
4. David Rubenstein – Carlyle – Washington DC
5. Marc Lipschultz – KKR – New York
6. Donald Mackenzie – CVC – London
7. William Macauley – First Reserve – Greenwhich, Conn.
10. Daniel D’ Aniello – Carlyle – Washington DC
11. Chinh E. Chu – Blackstone – New York
12. Joe Baratta – Blackstone – New York
13. Jacques Garaialde – KKR – New York
14. Xiang-Dong Yang – Carlyle – Hong Kong
15. Kristoffer Melinder – Nordic Capital – Stockholm
16. Steve Koltes – CVC – Luxembourg
17. Mark Strobel – CVC – Franfurt am Main
18. Chris Stadler – CVC – New York
19. Hamilton (Tony) James – Blackstone – New York
20. Conni Jonsson – EQT – Stockholm
21. Leon Black – Apollo Global – New York
22. Richard Friedman – Goldman – New York
23. Pierre Lapeyre – Riverstone – New York
24. David Leuschen – Riverstone – New York
25. Marc Rowan – Apollo Global – New York
Click here to view the entire list visit